Successful Nonprofits is looking for its next Special Projects Coordinator. After reviewing the job description, please complete the application form to express your interest in the position.
Special Projects Coordinator Job Description
Hours: 10 – 15 weekly
Pay $17.50 – $22.50 per hour
Successful Nonprofits® helps nonprofits thrive in a competitive environment by providing strategic planning, organizational development, and interim executive services. The consulting practice further supports the nonprofit sector through the weekly Successful Nonprofits® Podcast, blog posts, print newsletter and conference presentations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a socially progressive, growing nonprofit-sector consulting practice. This part-time position produces the Successful Nonprofits® podcast; writes and edits social media, the weekly email newsletter, reports and more; manages the website; manages CRM; and assists with consulting projects. The team member will work remotely using a firm-provided MacBook with HiveDesk enabled.
Responsibilities and Duties:
True to the consulting sector, there will not be a typical day. With this caveat, a sample of responsibilities are below.
- Podcast duties include (a) booking and following up with podcast guests; (b) writing scripts and show notes; (c) posting the episode to the audio feed and the website.
- Update the website by (a) adding podcast episode to the website; (b) creating new pages as necessary; (c) updating existing pages. The website is hosted on WordPress.
- Manage Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and the weekly newsletter. This includes writing text for each.
- Other writing and editing assignments.
- Designing and editing spreadsheets. This also includes data entry, data analysis, pivot tables and chart creation.
- Assist with stakeholder interviews
- Assist with client retreats
- Manage the CRM
- Project management
Skills, education and experience required:
- Bachelors degree in journalism, public relations, public administration or business is required. A currently enrolled college junior or senior can also apply for this position.
- Strong writing, proof reading and math skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- High proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Basic proficiency with WordPress
- Comfort with talking to strangers
- Avid listener of podcasts
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer.