Do you need a new plan? Are you prepared to begin a planning process?
As a consultant, I get a lot of questions about strategic planning:
- What is a strategic plan?
- Do we need a strategic plan?
- How does an organization actually write a strategic plan?
- How long will it take? If we start now can we have a strategic plan next week (next month, next year)?
- If we want a consultant to manage the process, how do we find the money to hire that person. And what does this consultant actually do?
- What components should be in a strategic plan
- How can I overcome objections to strategic planning
Last month, I answered these questions at a presentation at The Commerce Club in Atlanta. I felt it would be worthwhile to turn this into a series of blog posts. These posts might anger some nonprofit consultants because the isn’t always “go ask a consultant”