I’ve been thinking a lot about stories lately after reading an incredible book titled: The Story Telling Nonprofit by Vanessa Chase Lockshin. This is a practical guide to telling stories that raise money and awareness, and the Amazon reviews for this book are incredible.
Readers said things like:
- This book reinforced so many good storytelling habits and introduced several more
- This book should be required reading for all fundraisers and non-profit professionals!
- This is definitely for you if you’re looking for a more concrete way to tell nonprofit stories and gather stories from staff and board.
I found the book useful, and felt strongly that the principles Vanessa lays out in the book can be used
whether you are in the nonprofit, for-profit, and government sectors.
Our conversation with Vanessa Chase Lockshin includes:
- How nonprofits can use stories
- Identifying your audience and why create a faux person
- Elements of a good story
And more! Be certain to download this episode and start writing more compelling stories for your nonprofit!
Contact information for Vanessa Chase Lockshin:
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.thestorytellingnonprofit.com
- Twitter: @VanessaEChase
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/storytellingnonprofit/
- Vanessa’s Book: The Story Telling Nonprofit